Posted by Lisa on 8/23/2017 to Cookie Recipes
Sadly, bananas can be one of those flavors that can get lost when you bake with it, since it is typically a subtle flavor. These Banana Oatmeal Cookies are by far the tastiest banana flavored cookie I’ve ever had. I must warn you though, your kitchen will smell heavenly if you choose to make these!
Not only will they keep moist and chewy for days, the flavor gets better after a day. Since they are filled with good for you things, like Bananas and oats, I always save some to have them with my morning coffee the next day.
3/4 cup salted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp cornstarch
3 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and cornstarch set aside
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, sugar until it is fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and mashed bananas until well combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients until fully incorporated
- Stir in oats.
- Line Baking sheet with Parchment paper or a silicone mat. Spoon tablespoons of dough Be sure to flatten dough a little bit into thick discs. These cookies will spread a little when baking so do not put them too close.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges just start to golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes, then move to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Enjoy your cookies!
As always, Happy Baking!