Butterscotch is probably the most underrated flavor out there. It brings such a different taste to your sweets. A little savory and a little sweet, these Brown Sugar Butterscotch cookies are sure to be a holiday hit!
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
½ cup dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with Parchment paper
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add egg and Vanilla extract. Beat until light and fluffy
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly add to wet mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in butterscotch Chips.
- Scoop dough into 1 inch balls and roll them in the dark brown sugar. Place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to rest until completely cooled.