Posted by Lisa on 1/30/2019 to Dessert Bar Recipes
Cake pops are so popular now, but I wanted to do a twist on them! Taking delicious fudgy brownies then adding more chocolate, what could be better!!
Not only are brownie cake pops scrumptious, the cake pops recipe is super easy to make.
Bake your favorite Fudgy Brownie recipe. You can either use a box mix or make them from scratch. You can mix up the chocolate coating with normal semi-sweet or white chocolate!
- Fudgy Brownies
- 12 Oz of your favorite chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of shortening
- Lollipop sticks
- Cook brownies according to directs. Let them cool completely at least 1 hour.
- Trim off edges of brownie so no crispy areas are let.
- Crumble brownies into a large bowl.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop brownies into balls. Use your hands to smooth out the balls into a nice round shape. Place balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Insert a lollipop stick into each ball and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- After pop have been frozen at least 2 hours, In a microwave safe dish, heat your chocolate and shortening on 50% power. Stir every 30 seconds until completely melted and smooth
- Dip each pop into the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to completely coat the brownie bite.
- While the chocolate is still wet, add your favorite sprinkle to the pops.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve and enjoy!