2 cups flour
2/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter soften
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp sour cream Room temperature
2 egg yolks from large eggs room temperature
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Add egg yolks, one at a time, while continuing to mix.
4. Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Add flour and salt and mix until you end up with a weird lumpy mixture. Once it has reached this stage it is easier to just use your hands to knead into sugar cookie dough.
6. Roll this dough between two sheets of wax paper. Remove the
top sheet of wax paper.
Sprinkle shredded coconut and spread it all over the flattened cookie dough.
Put the wax paper sheet back on top again and roll it one last time. We want to make sure to push the coconut into the dough.
7. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. If you do not have cookie cutters, take an empty glass and cut out round cookies.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Your cookies are ready when they are light golden brown around the edges.
9. Sit back and enjoy your creation!