It is officially holiday time and for me that means delicious Gingerbread!! Now I am a fan of gingerbread men, but there is something to be said about just round delicious gingerbread cookies. These Gingerbread Cookies will get you feeling festive and make your Christmas tasty!
I love the crunch and the bite from a good gingerbread cookie and this recipe hits all the high points!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup sugar
Mix together the dry ingredients and set aside
- Cream the butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Add the egg and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add the orange juice and molasses until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients a little at a time
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with Parchment paper or a silicone liner
- Roll about 2 tablespoon of dough into ball
- Roll balls into the sugar and place on cookie sheet
- Take a glass and flatten the cookie so it is about an inch thick. You want them thick but clearly flattened.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.