Halloween is such a fun time of year, why not bake some cookies to enjoy!!
These Monster sized Halloween cookies are filled with colored candies to get you into the holiday spirit! These treats are an amazing way to end a grown-up supper, and a very useful way to keep a roomful of ghost and ghouls happy. I like to use Reese’s pieces with these cookies for the black and orange, plus peanut butter makes everything better!
The best thing about this recipe is you can use different
colored candy piece depending on the holiday!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 9 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup White sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cup Reese's pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and rolled oats. Set aside.
- Combine butter, light brown sugar and White sugar with an electric mixer. Beat until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, and beat again until smooth.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients, and beat until smooth.
- By hand, stir in chopped pecans and Candy
- Take a giant scoop (about a ¼ cup) of dough and roll it into balls. Place on cookie sheet with about 3 inches of space. Then flatten them into fat disks (about 1/2 inch thick). Make sure there is room for the cookies to spread
- Bake about 15 to 20 minutes. Or until cookies have risen and are very lightly browned. Let cool on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.