The best thing about making Cookie Bars vs just cookies is they typically finish faster because everything goes in on baking pan. These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are fantastic and easy to make. They are Chewy and the chocolaty oat tastiness in every single bite. These are great anytime treats for yourself or friends and family!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 in. pan with cooking spray. Be sure to get the sides and corners.
- In a large bowl blend the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing wellafter each addition. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, rolled oats, Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips
- Spread 1/2 of the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining cup chocolate chips on top. Carefully press remaining cookie mixture on top of chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!