Posted by Lisa on 7/19/2017 to Cookie Recipes
SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPE
This is a simply recipe with just 4 ingredients, which makes them a breeze to whip up. Now, traditional French shortbread cookies come out tasting better when using a good salted butter. So I recommend using a salted butter instead of they typical unsalted butter in most baking recipes.
10 tbsp. salted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1. With a mixer, beat together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 2–3 minutes.
2. Add egg and beat until smooth
3. Slowly add flour and mix on low speed
4. Split the dough in half and flatten each ball into round disk shape then wrap each disk in plastic wrap desperately and refrigerate for an hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350º.
6. Transfer one disk to a floured work surface and roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness
7. Use your favorite cookie cutter to cut out shapes and transfer to either a parchment line or lightly greased baking sheet, space them about 1 inch apart
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes until cookies are set but not browned.