Posted by Lisa on 6/20/2018 to Dessert Bar Recipes
I love a good Cookie bar. They are tasty and easy to throw together. These chewy cookie bars are a take on Blondie bars with a kick of butterscotch to add that extra flavor. Butterscotch tends to be overlooked in the dessert department, but it is a personal favorite of mine.
You just need 10 minutes to whip up these easy butterscotch cookie bars loaded with brown sugar and butterscotch chips. These are especially tasty when served with Vanilla ice cream!
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper and set aside
- In a medium-size bowl, cream together the butter and
sugar until well blended.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and Mix well.
- Slowly ddd the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the butterscotch chips.
- Pour batter into pan
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the bars are set in the
middle. For chewier bars bake for 28-30 minutes
- Cut while the bars are still warm.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
As always, Happy Baking!