Posted by Lisa on 4/11/2018 to Cookie Recipes
These Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies will sure to be a hit at your next event! These cookies are Irresistible! Soft and chewy oatmeal cookies bursting with carrot cake flavor, are super easy to make and taste amazing!
These cookies are the perfect spring time treat and so much easier to make than a carrot cake! The oatmeal gives these cookies that extra texture and yummy taste!
FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (add more if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda until incorporated in the batter
- With a wooden spoon, stir in Carrots, Oats, and spice until blended
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack
Mix powdered sugar and pineapple juice in a small mixing bowl
Once the cookies has cooled completely drizzle over cookies.