Posted by Lisa on 10/17/2018 to Dessert Bar Recipes
This recipe is a rich take on a classic Blondie recipe! Dried cherries add a tart and chewy flavor and the almonds give these bars that extra crunch!
I am a sucker for a good Blondie or Brownie bar, but these may just be my new favorites! These bars have such a great taste and texture it is hard to stop at just one!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Orange blossom or Clover honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup almonds
- preheat oven to 350°F
- Line and 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, and honey until it is blended and creamy.
- Whisk in egg and vanilla.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients to bowl and stir together until combined.
- Stir in dried cherries
- Pour batter into prepared pan and give it a shake to smooth out the batter.
- Sprinkle the almonds evenly over the top.
- Bake until golden about 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.