What could be better than a chewy delicious brown? Obviously it is combining brownies with the amazing taste of German chocolate cake! These brownies have just the right level of chocolate intensity and topped with the sweet and savory coconut makes these thing dangerous to any diet! So throw your diet out the window and enjoy these tasty treats!
- 3/4 cup unsalted melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salted butter , diced into 4 pieces
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened , shredded coconut, toasted
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans , toasted
Directions for Brownies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 9 by 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs until frothy for about 1 minute. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt and whisk until well combined. Stir in vanilla
- Sift cocoa and flour and stir in to mix.
- Pour in melted butter and using a wooden spoon, stir until combined. Do not over mix batter, it is ok if it is lightly lumpy.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center comes out with a thin coat of batter, about 35 - 40 minutes.
- Cool completely
Directions for Icing
- In a medium saucepan combine, evaporated milk, egg yolks, brown sugar and butter.
- Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and Stir in vanilla
- Mix in shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
- Be sure to allow both the mixture and the brownies to cool completely to room temperature before spreading icing on.