Posted by Lisa on 12/20/2017 to Cookie Recipes
It Is the time of year to decorate cookies!! Sugar cookies are the go to for decorating purposes so I am always looking for new way to make sugar cookies. These Cream Cheese Sugar cookies are absolutely delicious. So simple, yet so amazing. Full of cream cheese, butter, and sugar! You can make cut out and decorate these cookies or just eat them up by themselves! Give this recipe a try and I guarantee you will want to make them again. You won't be able to stop at just one cookie!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, cream cheese, salt, almond and vanilla extracts, and egg yolk. Beat until mixture smooth.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Chill the dough for 8 hours, or overnight. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough 1/3 of the dough to about 1/8-inch thickness, keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to use.
- Cut into desired shapes with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light and golden brown.
- Cool cookies completely before frosting.
As always, Happy Baking!