Posted by Lisa on 4/25/2018 to Cookie Recipes
I love sprinkles. When I was a kid and we went out for ice cream I always had to have sprinkles. They just add so much fun to whatever your eating, I couldn't help but love them. I was searching for some new recipes and came across these funfetti cookies. Made a few modifications, but they are super soft and chewy sugar cookies dotted with sprinkles, and they have an amazing buttery vanilla flavor.
Have fun with these cookies. I like to mix up the texture of the sprinkles and play with fun colors. If you are going to a color themed party, you can use specific colors for your sprinkles! The possibilities are endless!!
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ? cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar on medium-low speed until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract just until combined.
- Slowly Add flour mixture and beat just until combined.
- Mix in sprinkles with a spoon. Do not overmix.
- Shape dough into balls, the size of 1.5 tablespoons each and place on the cookie sheets, spacing them 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes until cookies just begin to brown at the edges. Do not over bake!
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Cookies dough can also be frozen for up to 6 months.
As always, Happy Baking!