Posted by Lisa on 11/1/2017 to Dessert Bar Recipes
Now that Halloween is over, you may have a ton of left over candy just laying around, or if your like me, head to the grocery store the day after Halloween and stock up on all the candies I bake with!
This is a fun and easy recipe that can use any type of candy you want. What is so much fun is every batch is different!! This recipe is similar to chocolate chip bars with just a few difference.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups assorted candy, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Line a 9 x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper
- Chop whatever Halloween candy you want to use into bite-size pieces. Set aside
- In a large bowl, mix sugars and melted butter, whisk until mix turns light.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla and blend until well mixed
- Add salt and slowly incorporate the flour until completely blended.
- Hand stir in the Halloween Candy.
- Add entire mixture to prepped pan. Optional: Add additional candy piece to the top
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully then cut into squares.