- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sift Flour, baking soda and baking powder together and set aside
- In a large bowl blend butter and sugar together until smooth
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until well mixed
- Roll spoonful of dough into balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden on the edges.
While cookie is still warm take a teaspoon and use the bottom to gently press a divot into the cookie.
You need to wait for the cookies to completely cool before you decorate.
For the spider transformation you will need:
- Small peanut butter cups
- Candy eyes
- Dipping chocolate or Chocolate frosting (Pre-made frosting will work in a pinch)
Once the cookies have cooled completely you can start the fun part!
- Take a peanut butter cup and add a little chocolate to the top
- Gently press the peanut butter cup upside down and into indention. Let it set for about 5 minutes.
- Take a little chocolate and bad in on the back of the candy eyes and lightly press them into the peanut butter cup.
- Use the chocolate to draw 8 lines from the peanut butter cup over the cookies to create legs.
And just like that you have adorable spider cookies!