These tasty treats are easy slice-and-bake cookies, which I find to be a great addition to my freezer. I typically make a big batch and keep extra frozen for when I want something sweet. Pop the cookies in the freezer and when you want cookies slice as many or as few at a time as you want. Perfect for when you want a cookie all warm from the oven.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups white baking chips
- In a medium sided bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt, set aside
- With mixer, cream butter, Nutella and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Stir in chips.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape each portion the dough into a 12-in. log. Use a 12x12inch sheet of waxed paper as a guide.
- Tightly roll waxed paper over dough, using the waxed paper to mold the dough into a smooth roll.
- Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place approx 2 in. apart on slightly greased baking sheet or a silicone mat.
- Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes the transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Let me know how your Cookies came out! As always happy Baking!