These Orange Snowball cookies are a fun twist on a great classic.They are so easy to make with just a few ingredients; you will not believe how amazing they taste! There’s a reason why they’re such a popular cookie: because they’re addicting
The delicious orange flavor comes from orange juice and zest in the batter, as well as a touch of extract. Also a fun trick, add orange zest into the powdered sugar for rolling gives the cookie an extra pop of citrus flavor.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Fresh squeezed Orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Orange zest
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar + 2 teaspoons orange zest, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray lightly with cookie spray.
- Beat butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, Orange juice, Orange extract, and salt until smooth.
- Stir in Orange zest
- Slowly Add the flour and mix until a stiff dough forms
- Scoop tablespoon sized cookies onto your cookie sheet, placing cookies 1-2? apart.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes
- Cool 10 minutes before rolling in powdered sugar.
While the cookies are baking, Stir powdered sugar and orange zest together in a bowl. Once the cookies have cooled a bit coat thoroughly in the powdered sugar mixture.