Posted by Lisa on 4/18/2018 to Cookie Recipes
I think we can everyone can agree on is that there are few things better in life than chocolate and peanut butter together. These Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies start off with a soft peanut butter base and are topped with a yummy Hershey kiss.These are the ultimate cookie combination for chocolate and peanut butter lovers.
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar + more for rolling cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
- 36 Hershey kisses unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add extra sugar to a shallow bowl and Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set both the bowl and the baking sheets aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
- Using your mixer, cream together vegetable shortening, butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high speed until creamy.
- Add peanut butter. Return mixer speed to medium-high until combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Drop mixer speed to low and mix in milk, vanilla, and egg.
- Keeping speed on low, add dry ingredients. Stop mixing as soon as dry ingredients appear fully incorporated in the dough.
- Take 1 teaspoon of dough and roll it to form a ball. Drop the ball in the small bowl of sugar and roll to coat.
- Place finished cookie dough ball on prepared baking sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies begin to turn a light golden color.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately press a Hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie. Let cookies rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to cool completely.
As always, Happy Baking!