Posted by Lisa on 12/13/2017 to Cookie Recipes
Now I am a huge fan of anything rolled in powdered sugar. It seems to take the cookie to that next level. These Peppermint Snowballs are the perfect holiday twist on a classic cookie! They are packed with delicious peppermint flavor and just the right amount of crunch, these cookies are a must make for all your holiday baking! They are the perfect blend of delicious minty candy canes and cookies, rolled in powdered sugar and ready to be devoured. I love all kinds of snowballs, but there’s something about Peppermint Snowballs that just screams Christmas!
- 1 c. unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/4 c. powdered sugar divided
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips or crushed candy canes
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth.
- Add 1/4 c. powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and water and mix until combined.
- Slowly Mix in flour until combined
- Stir peppermint baking chips.
- Chill in refrigerator approx. 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and while warm roll in remaining powdered sugar to coat.
- Set on baking rack and cool completly