Posted by Lisa on 3/28/2018 to Dessert Bar Recipes
I love brownies. I mean, they are thick, soft, and chewy. What's not to like? Sometime it is nice to make a small batch though for a fun and tasty treat. This Skillet Brownie for Two comes together fast in just one bowl and is perfect for a date night or even an after dinner dessert for a family.
- 1 egg whisked
- 2/3 cup flour spooned and leveled
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 TBSPs unsalted butter melted
- 2 TBSPs hot water
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk your egg until bubbles begin to form, about one minute.
- Add in the sugar butter and hot water.
- Slowly add Cocoa Powders, flour, and salt
- Stir in chocolate chips
- The batter will be very thick, which is perfect.
- Grease an 8 inch cast iron skillet with butter.
- Pour in the batter and bake for 18 minutes or until the edges begin to pull away from the side of the pan and a toothpick in the center comes out with crumbs and not liquid batter. Be careful not to over bake.
- Optional Top with Vanilla Ice cream