Vanilla Bean Shortbread Cookies
Shortbread cookies are a staple of the holiday time. These Vanilla bean shortbread cookies take your typical shortbread to the next level! Not only are these vanilla flavored shortbread cookies delicious, they are made with only four ingredients so super easy to prepare!
- 2 sticks of unsalted softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, (99g, 4 ounces) plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a medium bowl, mix butter and sugar on low speed to combine. Once combined, increase speed to medium and beat until light and creamy, about 3 minutes.
2. Mix in the vanilla and be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl
3. On the lowest speed, mix in the flour until incorporated with the butter. Increase the speed to medium and beat until the dough begins to cling to the paddle and no longer looks dry
4. Place the dough on a board and use the heel of your hand to bring the dough together.
5. Once combined, place the dough on a large piece of plastic wrap and roll into a rectangle shape and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Let the dough soften slightly. Roll dough out between two sheets of parchment paper until it is about ¼ inch thick.
7. Use any cookie cutter shape you would like and then transfer cookies to parchment paper lined sheet pan. Trimmings can be pressed together and rerolled once for additional cookies.
a. If you do not have a cookie cutter you can use a glass to cut out the dough.
8. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow the dough to chill before baking.
9. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
10. Transfer cookies to a parchment lined baking sheet leave a 1 inch space between cookies and Sprinkle the cookies with sugar. Leave additional dough in the fridge until ready to bake
11. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until crisp and light golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to cooling rack.